Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sitting Up!!



So happy to be sitting all by herself.



Kinley showing me that she can hold her own bottle. Brandon loves that she is independent. I quickly pick her up and then proceed to feed her. (she will only be this little for such a short time :)

Drew feeding Mckinley.

Drew reading Five Little Monkeys one morning. Look how interested she looks. What a great big brother.





Our little Mckinley is now 6 months old. She is entering my favorite age of babies. She has really turned into a happy baby. Two days ago I weaned Kinley from nursing so she is now a full time bottle baby. I had only made it to 6 months with Drew and really wanted to keep things equal and the same. It was sad to quit, yet it is nice to see other family members joining in the bonding by feeding Kinley. Things Mckinley is doing at 6 months:
1. Sitting up on her own!
2. Eating lots of baby food
3. Rolling and starting to scoot.
4. Smiling and laughing, especially at Drew and when we say "meow" ( I will have to remember that for our upcoming 6 month pics)
5. She spits up a lot. I am becoming an expert at stain removal.
6. She is a mommy's girl , but is beginning to warm up to daddy.
7. starting to be unsure of strangers.
8. Loves to scream. Man, that tiny girl is LOUD!
9. We are entering the difficult time of diaper changing. Rolling away and squirming everywhere.
10. She a pure delight and is loved so much!

Drew funny story: The other day, Mckinley rolled over and Drew noticed and said, "Mom, I'm so impress" "Are you impress?" (it is nice to know that Mckinley will have a brother who will cheer on her accomplishments) I hope that lasts forever!

No comments: