We are getting back to normal around here and I am much happier with a little organization and order. Everything is unpacked and put away it will take some time to make the house feel like home with art on the walls and things on bookcases. This past week we hit the Indoor playground, the Children's Museum, and story time at the library. I was starting to feel guilty that Drew had not been going to all his usual hangouts, but with nursing it is hard to leave for several weeks. I think I got the hang of it now and with several successful outings my confidence grows. On Friday the boys went back to Albion so Brandon could help with wresting and Drew was able to the weekend on the farm with Dan and Pam. He had a great time!
Mckinley is smiling more and more every day. She is cooing has discovered the animals on her playmat and will occasionally hit one with her hands. She is getting into a little bit of a routine. She will wake up around 7:30 and go back to sleep around 9:00. She stays asleep most of the morning and will wake up again around 12:00. She is up then until around 5:00. She may sleep an hour or so. Then up until 11:00-11:30 and will sleep till around 3:00 up for a quick feeding and back to sleep until morning. I can't complain with this schedule. She sleeps in much bigger chunks than Drew did as a baby. He was much more of a cap napper. We went to Mckinley's 2 month appointment on Monday. She weighed 11lb 3 oz. (61% percentile) and 231/4 in (80% percentile). She got a bunch of shots and got the saddest face on after her first shot the nurse then could not find her bandage so the shots seemed to take a long time. It took awhile to calm Mckinley down after her shots.
I am going to occasionally journal about a funny story or something that Drew said because I have a terrible memory and he is at the age where he is saying so many cute things.
Funny story: Drew will now go the the bathroom and say " I need some privacy" also when he thinks things are getting smelly he will ask for the fan. Yesterday I read Drew his books and told him it was time for his nap. A little while later he came out of his room and said " I tried it was too boring in there" Tonight we will eating and he said he was too full to eat his green beans. He said he had a tummy ache. Brandon told him that he should go lay down in his room then. Drew quickly jumped down from his chair and said " it will feel better in my toy room".
On Friday we are going to CoCo Keys with Brandon's bother Brain his wife Amy and their boys Camden and Cade. Drew is so excited. I am a little nervous about how Mckinley will do, since she still sleeps in her swing. Maybe we will bring her vibrating chair. We will see how it goes.
Monday, February 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment