Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to Work

Well I am back to work. It has been a rough transition for all. I really really miss the kids. I am hopeful that it will get easier. I really treasure my Thursdays off. I am liking Mckinley's daycare, although I think she has had some adjusting to not being held all day. And after her second day she came home and slept until the next morning so it must be a little more stimulating there. Drew is coming down with a cold so we stayed home this today and just snuggled. Mckinley gets baptized this weekend so all of our family will be coming to town. We may even have them babysit on Sat. night so Brandon and I can go out and eat.

Drew funny story:
Last Thursday we were lucky enough to make it to the Children's Museum for some fun with our friend Megan and her kiddos Mackenzie and Kaden. On our way there I was praising Drew for being a big boy (I can't remember why) and when we got inside he went up to the woman at the front desk and said I am a big boy. I am 35 points. I am sure he meant 35 pounds. He loves to weigh himself.

Drew had his best behavior in church this week. He sat on the pew and read the book and I could hear him saying thanks for my mom and dad and Mckinley. Then it got funny as he said thanks for his blue paint, his new shelves, his movie "move it move it" (that is what he calls Madagascar) Then he proceeded to kneel on the kneeler with us and fold his hands in prayer. During the "our father prayer" we hold hands as a family, Drew was standing next to an older gentleman and he reached out his hand to him to hold and they held hands. (it was so sweet)

10 things I know about Mckinley at 11 weeks
1. Her smile lights up a room
2. She has quite a set of lungs on her.
2. A bath during her fussy time is magic. She could sit in the bath all day.
3. She has the longest fingers and long skinny feet.
4. She loves to have the blanket around her face when falling asleep.
5. She loves I mean LOVES to be talked to, in fact I can barely get anything done when she is awake.
6. She likes to be carried facing forward so she doesn't miss the action
7. She likes to sleep in her swing
8. She loves and will smile when you make a razzing sound
9. She needs to be held (most of the day)
10. She loves watching her big brother ( soon he will really be able to entertain her)


No comments: