Thursday, March 05, 2009
Baptism
Last Sunday Mckinley was baptized at St. Patricks church. We attended mass first at 11:30 and the baptism started at 12:30. (not the best time for us because of lunch) Both kids were great through the mass. Then it was time for the baptism. Luckily it was just our family because right before it started Mckinley had a blow out and I mean blow out. All over her beautiful white gown. We undressed her in the freezing cold church and then wiped off the dress as well as we could. I had a change of clothes, but they were not white so we put the gown back on for the ceremony. Once she was cleaned she was very hungry since she had emptied her belly. She cried through the whole baptism. That poor priest did great as Mckinley showed off how loud someone so little and cute can be. It was funny, I think we even have a picture of Drew covering his ears during the baptism. After the baptism, we all gathered at our house for lunch and once fed and cleaned, Mckinley was the bell of the ball. My mom managed to get the stain out of her dress so I will have to take some pics of her in it this weekend since we did not manage to get many that day.
Today we enjoyed the gorgeous day outside. Mckinley loved the fresh air and Drew loves riding his bike. He is even getting good at the brakes. Now he is obsessed about if he make a black mark when he brakes. I am sure our neighbors appreciate that.
Drew funny story:
Drew was cooking in his play kitchen a couple of nights ago and he said he made a cake for me. I tasted it and told him that he was the best cook ever. He answered with" It's my pleasure"
Mckinley: She has definitely discovered her hands and sucking on them is her newest past time.
This morning Brandon was doing this loud laugh and he heard Mckinley do a little laugh herself. I am going to try my hardest today to see if I can get her to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment