Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Daddy and Drew flying kites an Easter tradition.
"Oh I found a tricky one" (lately everything is "tricky")
As Drew opened the eggs he was quiet until he opened the ones with starburst candy inside. Drew: " Wow, Starburst, Just want I wanted" (if he would only stay this easy to please)
Drew and his cousin Kenzie. He would follow her everywhere!
Drew and his cousins Courtney and Kenzie.
My mom was in charge of taking the family picture. Both Christmas and Easter pics have Brandon's head chopped off. (Good try, Mom :)

Mckinley in her Easter dress.
Our 2 cuties. Drew was copying my face as I was trying to get Mckinley to smile.


We had a fun Easter. My parents came down on Saturday and stayed at our house. It was really great having them there to help get the kids ready for church. I think we were actually on time this week. We started the morning off with a modified scavenger hunt for Drew to find his Easter basket. The night before I set eggs in various rooms with clues to find his basket. The funny story is I put one in Drew room and at about 3:00 a.m. he enters our room and announces " I found a blue egg" I was able to convince him to go back to bed so the bunny could finish his job. Drew loved the hunt and really caught on to it as he raced from room to room. Then we went to church and off to my uncles for food and fun. Drew had a great day with his cousins. They thought they were a little old to hunt, but loved hiding and helping Drew find the eggs. Then we went to the park and attempted to fly kites. I think the cheapest kite was the only one to cooperate. Mckinley spent the whole day catching up on sleep (due to teething) as my aunts and sister held her(much to her delight). What a great day!

No comments: