Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas Time Is Here

Our family. Our family keeps getting more fun as we see Kinley and Drew interact.

Drew was really into Christmas this year. This is after he opened his Christmas pjs. He opened them with such excitement and exclaimed " Mom, wow this is just what I wanted" I hope he is always that easy to please.

Kinley loved her dolls. She is just so sweet :)
Sleep over at the cousins!! No power at Grandpa and Grandma's house. The kids had a blast.
Drew leaving Santa milk and cookies.
Mckinley sitting in favorite present a chair from Grandma and Papa.

Drew is pretty happy with his presents.

Here is my attempt at a pic in front of the tree. All I can do is quote Drew, " Kinley loves to go go go. She is a squirmy one."

This year we sure made some Christmas memories with the huge snowstorm. I got a phone call from my mom on Monday saying if you guys are going to make it you better head home "Albion NE" in the morning. I received this call while I was frantically packing up my classroom to move to my temporary new room while our building is under construction. We needed to be moved by the time break was over so I quickly packed my boxes stopped by a couple of stores and rushed home to pack up the family a little earlier than we planned.

We knew we needed to make it home due to the fact that Santa had already sent the presents to my parents. We ended up making it home and so did my sister and her husband. We had a nice Christmas and even had the power go out 2 times at my parents house. One Christmas afternoon it went off and stayed off until the next morning so we decided to have a sleepover at Brandon's bothers house. The boys had a blast playing that night. All in all a great Christmas. I will remember: the snow, four wheel drive vehicles, Mckinley sitting in her polka dotted chair, and Drew opening Construction devastator, and my mom getting surprised by my dad with a beautiful new diamond ring.

Drew loved opening presents and got into the Santa thing. Some of his gifts included: Transformer Construction Devastator( the kid can transform this thing better than me. he has his father's way of thinking), Legos (he loves to bulid things), Leapfrog Tag reading system, make your own volcano kit, USA floor puzzle, scooter, remote control car, and fireman dress up costume.

Mckinley got a new chair which was her favorite present Some other things she got were: clothes, a doll and accessories, tea set, and books.

It was a fun Christmas!

No comments: