Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mckinley Turns 1


Kinley really liked checking out her birthday cake. It was a ladybug theme since that is one of the many nicknames she has.

Hanging out on aunt Leslie's lap. I think these 2 look alike.
"Boys don't open all my presents" (Mckinley got a new doll, tutu, Robeez booties, a purse, a purple cell phone, a personalized tee, a leapfrog frog named baby Tag, and savings bonds. )

Our little baby is know a big girl. Yes I am a bad mommy this post is 2 months late. In my defense I have been chasing around Kinley who is in the running and climbing stage and answering Drew's 1.1 million questions he asks in a day.

Here are a few pics from Mckinley's birthday party that was held at my parents house. It was very low key. We celebrated it Thanksgiving afternoon since the whole family was back. When Kinley starts to notice it may get challenging finding a good time to have her b-day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am a little sad to say Brandon and I were gone on her actual b-day. We went on vacation with 5 other couples to Mexico. Don't get me wrong we had a great time, but I felt guilty about being away. Brandon assured me that she will never remember this birthday, but since I am blogging about it she will be able to read about it. I guess she will have leverage for that new car for her 16th birthday.


Things about Mckinley at 12-14 months

1. She is now running. She started walking at 8 months and now has it down.
2. Everyone is telling me that her legs are looking less bow-legged.
3. She starting climbing up on the couch, dining chair at 13 months. This her her favorite thing to do, however, she gets too proud and excited that she does not pay attention and nearly falls off .You have to really watch her.
4. Goes up the stairs like a pro. Gets too distracted going down the stairs.
5. Will give people fives and blows kisses
6. Starting to throw herself to the ground when she does not get what she wants
7. Really taking more and more. She grunts instead of babbles, it is so funny. She says: bye, bubba for Drew, mama, dada, puppy, Mickey(for Mickey Mouse), uh oh, monkey, no, bubble and mo for more, paci, blankie

Things she loves:
Carrying her snack cup around
Her paci
Loves I mean loves blankets
Running around with Drew
Looking at books
Playing in our shower
Bubbles and Baths
Playing on the treadmill
Loves the vacuum cleaner

Things she does not care for:
Getting her nose wiped
Getting her face cleaned after eating (hates it)
Getting left upstairs with Mom while Drew and Daddy go downstairs or outside to play
Having diaper changed. (you really have to hold her down to do this)
Having bows or hats on her head.

Mckinley you make me smile everyday. You have a lot of spunk and a lot of love. We love you so much.

No comments: